Training the Guardians – A Safety Team Training Clinic
May 3 - May 4$200.00
You asked for MORE TRAINING, so we are delivering! We are kicking our Gathering of the Guardians Conference up a notch. This training clinic will feature four blocks of 4-hour training sessions including Tactical Pistol (live-fire on the range!), Disarming, Combatives, and Tactical Medicine. No more giving you a 1-hour taste test. You will get four full hours of training in our most popular classes. While this event is primarily for Safety Teams and their members, individuals are welcome to attend for their own personal training and edification. These skills aren’t just for church or school, they apply everyday and everywhere.
The Training of the Guardians training clinic is the response to the overwhelming feedback we received from our Gathering of the Guardians Conferences. We have set a maximum participation of 120 people to keep classes manageable. Participants will be divided into four groups. Each group will rotate through four training blocks that touch on various facets of the Use-of-Force Continuum. This will give participants multiple tools in their toolbox with which to respond to a safety incident.
What is the Use-of-Force Continuum? It is using only the amount of force necessary to safely deal with aberrant behavior.
- Your presence
- Verbal de-escalation
- Soft empty hand techniques
- Hard empty hand techniques
- Deadly force
- Tactical Medicine (medical attention for you, innocents, or the suspect)
- Tactical Pistol 1 – This live-fire training will teach you the most cutting-edge techniques for grip, trigger press, recoil management, shot speed and accuracy. You cannot train the fundamentals too much. You will need a semi-automatic pistol, strong-side holster (we prefer outside the waistband holsters), mag pouch, strong belt, eye/ear protection, and 200 rounds of practice ammunition. If you are unable to travel with your pistol, we have rental Glock pistols and kit available (both 9mm and .22) for $20. We can also sell you the 200 rounds of ammo ($60 for 9mm and $40 for .22). Please register for these when you register for the class.
- Disarming – This class will teach students how to deal with the life-or-death situation of having a weapon pointed at them. They will learn when they should comply vs. when they can’t comply, and what options are available if they can’t comply. Instruction will include weapon identification, reaction time and appropriate response, and three methods of disarming a pistol. At the end of the class, each student will have the opportunity to put on safety gear and test the techniques against Simmunition Weapons. Simmunition weapons are semi-automatic pistols that fire a marking cartridge traveling at 450 ft per second. Students will prove each technique through stress-inoculated training.
- Non-Agressive Subject Control (NASC) – This class will teach you to turn your natural response to fear or surprise into a weapon. The Spear system uses “The flinch” as a bridge to stop someone’s attack. You will learn this defensive tool, along with a series of combatives that will allow you to weaponize The Spear into an offensive tool. This system is non-aggressive/non-threatening in appearance, while maintaining the ability to effectively stop an assault. When used by Federal, State, local law enforcement and security professionals, SPEAR has been found to be compliant with all Use of Force Policies. The last hour of the class, instructors will suit up in a Red Man Suit (padded suit) and attack each student. Using only what they learned in the last 3 hours, students will be able to effectively defeat and counter the attack, empowering them with the knowledge they can defend themselves.
- Tactical Medicine – If you train to take a life, you should train to save a life because the life you save may be your own or someone you love. This class will teach you how to prioritize injuries and apply life-saving techniques to those in medical need. You will learn elements of CPR, First Aid, Stop the Bleed, and tourniquet application.
To see the Conference Schedule, please click on the link below.
**CANCELLATION POLICY** – Since this is a limited seating event, we respectfully ask for a 2-week notice of cancellation of registration. All cancellations must be received by midnight on April 19, 2024 to receive a full refund. After that date, all cancellations are non-refundable. However, they may be transferrable. After April 19, contact us if you have questions about transferring your registration to another participant. Thank you for your understanding.
MEALS: We will serve donuts and coffee both mornings. Lunch will be on your own each day. There are plenty of restaurants near the conference site that provide a quick meal. Dinner on Friday will be provided at the church.
HOTEL INFORMATION: There is also a City of Dickson event happening this weekend. Hotel rooms will fill up early! Please book your hotel reservation as soon as you register for the Training Clinic.
Holiday Inn Express
100 Barzani Blvd, Dickson, TN 37055•(615) 446-2781
Ask for local church discount 109.99 per night
Fairfield Inn and Suites
147 Gum Branch Rd, Dickson, TN 37055•(615) 560-1531
Ask for local church discount 119 per night
1080 E Christi Dr, Dickson, TN 37055•(615) 446-1088
Conference rate 179 per night
1085 East Christie Drive, Dickson, TN 37055•(615) 740-1000
Ask for local church discount 113.90 per night
The Lodge at Montgomery Bell State Park
1000 Hotel Ave, Burns, TN 37029•(888) 867-2757