- This event has passed.
A Gathering of The Guardians
September 22 - September 23$175.00
Agape Tactical and Sheepdog Seminars present a church security conference.
Having attended and spoken at dozens of conferences, I have been left frustrated by the typical conference experience. I heard great stories and several sales pitches, but rarely learned anything practical. This dissatisfaction drove AGAPE Tactical to do something different. This is a training conference, not a sales pitch. Every participant will have the opportunity to train and learn from the best teachers in their respective fields. You will spend a day and a half training the use-of-force continuum, providing you with tools for your toolbox. There is no picking or being forced to choose which session to attend. Everyone will get them all.
What is the Use-of-Force Continuum? It is using only the amount of force necessary to safely deal with aberrant behavior.
- Your presence
- Verbal de-escalation
- Soft empty hand techniques
- Hard empty hand techniques
- Deadly force
- Stop the Bleed (medical attention for you, innocents, or the suspect)
- Accessing Federal Grant Money – you will learn about federal grant money that has been made available to faith-based organizations for security related expenses, such as window laminate, cameras, radios, building supplies, etc. You will also learn how to write a grant and access those funds from someone experienced in this process.
- Legal Considerations of Personal Defense – you will learn about the legal considerations of defending yourself from a former District Attorney. This session will include a Q&A period.
- Sheepdog Mindset – you will hear from the inspirational Jimmy Meeks of Sheepdog Ministries. Jimmy has spent 14 years traveling the country educating and inspiring people on how to protect their churches.
Breakout Sessions: Our breakout sessions will include hands-on, dynamic training on the following topics:
- Mastering the Concealed Draw Stroke – be sure to bring a garment for concealment and your empty pistol, 3 empty mags, concealed-carry holster and mag pouch.
- Verbal De-escalation
- Stop the Bleed
Session 4: A Security Operational Strategy: This practical session includes how to employ properly trained, equipped, deployed, and radio-connected Safety Team members, in overlapping rings and at key locations, to provide multiple opportunities to deter threats and mitigate the damage caused by attacks on Houses of Worship.
SPEAR: Our optional SPEAR session on Friday night will introduce you to the most instinctual and effective system of defense against a non-compliant or aggressive subject. It employs both soft and hard empty hand techniques. We teach this to police departments and safety teams, both of whom need to be effective without appearing violent.
SCENARIOS: After training in all these subjects, you will have the opportunity to put what you learned to the test by participating, or observing others, in force-on-force scenarios. Participants will have safety gear on and be equipped with Simmunition weapons to create a realistic, stress-inoculated environment. Scenarios will include:
- Active Killer
- Verbal De-escalation Practicum
- Homeless individual
- Domestic violence in the Sanctuary
To see the Conference Schedule, please click on the link below.
MEALS: Dinner on Friday and Lunch on Saturday will be supplied by the Christian Life Church youth ministry to raise money for mission trips. The cost of each meal is $15. All other meals are on your own.
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Wolfchase Galleria
7955 Ikea Way
Cordova, TN 38016
Std. Two Queen Beds – $139.00 +taxes